Languages Unlimited Services Ltd. is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy. We wish to be transparent on how we process your data and show you that we are accountable with the GDPR in relation to not only processing your data but ensuring you understand your rights as a client.
It is the intention of this privacy statement to explain to you the information practices of Languages Unlimited Services Ltd. in relation to the information we collect about you.
For the purposes of the GDPR the data controller is:
- Languages Unlimited Services Ltd.
- Contact details of Languages Unlimited Services Ltd. +353 1 853 2955
- When we refer to ‘we’ it is Languages Unlimited Services Ltd.
Please read this Statement carefully as this sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Who are we?
Languages Unlimited Services Ltd. is a language services company operating in Ireland since 1998. We offer a wide range of language services such as in-company corporate language training, private language courses, interpreting services, translations, level testing and grinds.
We provide our corporate and private clients with tailor-made training programmes and certified translations in all major languages.
Our Data Protection Officer / GDPR Owner and data protection representatives can be contacted directly here:
- Renaud Puyou
- +353 1 853 2955
Purpose for processing your data
We need to process your data in order to:
- Provide you with the service you contacted us for
- Communicate with you in the frame of the provision of this service
- Invoice you accordingly
- Provide you with other information relating to our services
To do so, we will process:
- Your contact details (names, postal address, email address, mobile number or telephone landline).
By using them in:
- Contacting you
- Organising the requested service
- Invoicing you
Why are we processing your data? Our legal basis
In order for us to provide you language courses, translations and other language services such as level testing and interpreting, Languages Unlimited Services Ltd. need to collect personal data for communicating with you efficiently and providing you the services mentioned above.
Our reason for processing you data under the GDPR is:
Contractual – Languages Unlimited Services Ltd needs to process your data as this is necessary in relation to a contract of language services provision to which the individual has entered into or because the individual has asked for something to be done so they can enter into a contract.
In any event, Languages Unlimited Services Ltd. are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
How will Languages Unlimited Services Ltd. use the personal data it collects about me?
Languages Unlimited Services Ltd. will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary.
Who are we sharing your data with?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to Languages Unlimited Services Ltd in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide on your behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with Languages Unlimited Services Ltd procedures.
If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your explicit consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
The third parties that we pass your personal data to are:
- Flo Web Design Ltd., our CRM provider
- Seamus Walsh & Co., our accountants
We have issued all our third party processors with a Data Processor checklist asking them GDPR specific questions
If we transfer personal data to a third party or outside the EU we as the data controller will ensure the recipient (processor or another controller) has provided the appropriate safeguards and on condition that enforceable data subject rights and effective legal remedies for you the data subject are available.
Data subject rights:
Languages Unlimited Services Ltd facilitate you, our clients, rights in line with our data protection policy and the subject access request procedure. This is available on request.
Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access: you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification: you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten: in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing: where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability: you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object: you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling: you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that Languages Unlimited Services Ltd refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved as we have indicated in the processing of your personal data.
Additional information we are providing you with to ensure we are transparent and fair with our processing
Retention of your personal data
Data will not be held for longer than is necessary for the purpose(s) for which they were obtained. Languages Unlimited Services Ltd will process personal data in accordance with our retention schedule. This retention schedule has been governed by our internal governance.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Languages Unlimited Services Ltd or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and Languages Unlimited Services Ltd. data protection representatives Data Protection Officer / GDPR Owner
Failure to provide further information
If we are collecting your data for a contract and you cannot provide this data the consequences of this could mean the contract cannot be completed or details are incorrect.
If we intend to further process your personal data for a purpose other than for which the data was collected, we will provide this information prior to processing this data.
Your privacy is important to us. If you have any queries, questions or comments regarding this Statement, please do not hesitate to contact us.